Thursday, July 09, 2009

Marine Casualty

The Department of Defense announced today the death of a Marine who was supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.

Sgt. Michael C. Roy, 25, of North Fort Myers, Fla., died July 8 while supporting combat operations in Nimroz province, Afghanistan. He was assigned to 3d Marine Special Operations Battalion, Marine Special Operations Advisor Group, Marine Corps Forces Special Operations Command, Camp Lejeune, N.C.

For additional background information on this Marine, news media representatives may contact the Marine Corps Forces Special Operations Command public affairs office at (910) 450-6499.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for the loss of this young man..My heart goes out to his family. May God somehow comfort them. My son is fighting over there in Operation Khanjar. I don't sleep..I can't think anymore...I worry...I pray...I worry... This is definitely a parents nightmare and so many of us are living it...