Monday, December 12, 2011

Face of Defense: Father, Daughter Reunite in Afghanistan

By Army Spc. April York
2nd Brigade Combat Team

KANDAHAR, Afghanistan  – An Army father and his soldier daughter have reunited in Afghanistan.

Army Pfc. Amanda Hagy is an imagery analyst here at Camp Nathan Smith for 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 4th Infantry Division, from Fort Carson, Colo. Her father is Army Command Sgt. Maj. Bobby Hagy, the senior noncommissioned officer for the 528th Sustainment Brigade from Fort Bragg, N.C.

Amanda deployed to Afghanistan in May, and works in her brigade’s tactical operations center. She had been deployed for about six months when her father was sent on a 30-day deployment to perform an inspection of the special operations groups under his leadership. Some of those groups are deployed in Afghanistan.

“I knew that I was going to be near Amanda so when I got to Kandahar Airfield I put my feelers out to get over her way,” the sergeant major said.

“It’s freaking awesome that my dad could come out here to see me,” Amanda said. “I feel blessed.”

“It’s been good to see her,” the command sergeant major said, “and if I could stay around here for the next six months to be deployed with her, I would.”

No comments: