Compiled from Combined Joint Task Force Operation Inherent Resolve News Releases
SOUTHWEST ASIA, July 4, 2015 – U.S. and coalition military forces have continued to attack Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant terrorists in Syria and Iraq, Combined Joint Task Force Operation Inherent Resolve officials reported today.
Officials reported details of the latest strikes, which took place approximately between 8 a.m. yesterday and 8 a.m. today, local time, noting that assessments of results are based on initial reports.
Airstrikes in Syria
Attack, bomber and fighter aircraft conducted 14 airstrikes in Syria:
- Near Al Hasakah, six airstrikes struck five ISIL tactical units, destroying four ISIL vehicles, two ISIL structures, an ISIL fighting position and an ISIL excavator.
- Near Aleppo, four airstrikes struck four ISIL staging areas.
- Near Kobani, three airstrikes struck an ISIL tactical unit, destroying seven ISIL fighting positons and an ISIL vehicle.
- Near Tal Abyad, one airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit, destroying an ISIL vehicle.
Airstrikes in Iraq
Attack, bomber, fighter and remotely piloted aircraft conducted nine airstrikes in Iraq, approved by the Iraqi Ministry of Defense:
- Near Al Huwayjah, one airstrike destroyed an ISIL vehicle.
- Near Fallujah, three airstrikes struck two ISIL tactical units, destroying an ISIL anti-aircraft artillery, an ISIL fighting position and two ISIL bunkers.
- Near Makhmur, one airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit, destroying an ISIL heavy machine gun and an ISIL building.
- Near Mosul, two airstrikes struck an ISIL tactical unit, destroying an ISIL vehicle, an ISIL building and an ISIL tunnel.
- Near Sinjar, two airstrikes struck an ISIL tactical unit, destroying two ISIL buildings, an ISIL cache and an ISIL light machine gun.
Part of Operation Inherent Resolve
The strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the operation to eliminate the ISIL terrorist group and the threat they pose to Iraq, Syria, the region, and the wider international community. The destruction of ISIL targets in Syria and Iraq further limits the terrorist group's ability to project terror and conduct operations, officials said.
Coalition nations conducting airstrikes in Iraq include the United States, Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Jordan, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom. Coalition nations conducting airstrikes in Syria include the United States, Bahrain, Canada, Jordan, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.