The manual was located in Manchester (England) by Metropolitan Police during a search of an Al Qaeda member's home. The manual was found in a computer file described as "the military series" related to the "Declaration of Jihad." The manual was translated into English and was introduced earlier this year at the embassy bombing trial in New York. The United States Department of Justice has removed certain portions of the text because they do not want to encourage terrorism. However, a brief selection the eighty page text demonstrates the value of the manual to emergency planners and first responders.
A copy of the manual is available for download at
ELEMENTS OF THE MANUAL
Principles of Military Organization:
Military Organization has three main principles without which it cannot be established.
1. Military Organization commander and advisory council
2. The soldiers (individual members)
3. A clearly defined strategy
Military Organization Requirements:
The Military Organization dictates a number of requirements to assist it in confrontation and endurance. These are:
1. Forged documents and counterfeit currency
2. Apartments and hiding places
3. Communication means
4. Transportation means
6. Arms and ammunition
Missions Required of the Military Organization:
The main mission for which the Military Organization is responsible is:
The overthrow of the godless regimes and their replacement with an Islamic regime. Other missions consist of the following:
1. Gathering information about the enemy, the land, the installations, and the neighbors.
2. Kidnapping enemy personnel, documents, secrets, and arms.
3. Assassinating enemy personnel as well as foreign tourists.
4. Freeing the brothers who are captured by the enemy.
5. Spreading rumors and writing statements that instigate people against the enemy.
6. Blasting and destroying the places of amusement, immorality, and sin; not a vital target.
7. Blasting and destroying the embassies and attacking vital economic centers.
8. Blasting and destroying bridges leading into and out of the cities.