ACM campaign stars recognize a service member’s participation in DoD-designated military campaigns in the Afghanistan Campaign Medal’s area of eligibility.
Service members who have qualified for the ACM may display a bronze campaign star on their medal for each designated campaign phase in which they participated. The stars are worn on the suspension and campaign ribbon of the campaign medal.
The additional ACM campaign phase and associated dates are:
· Transition I – July 1, 2011 through a date to be determined.
The four previously approved ACM campaign phases are:
· Liberation of Afghanistan - Sept. 11, 2001 to Nov. 30, 2001
· Consolidation I - Dec. 1, 2001 to Sept. 30, 2006
· Consolidation II - Oct. 1, 2006 to Nov. 30, 2009
· Consolidation III - Dec. 1, 2009 through June 30, 2011.
Service members should contact their respective military departments for specific implementation guidance.