ARLINGTON, VA – May 11, 2012 – Counter Terror Expo US, the conference and expo serving our nation’s complete counter-terror community, today announced Charles E. Allen, former Under Secretary for Intelligence and Analysis with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and now Principal of The Chertoff Group, will deliver a keynote address during the Thursday morning plenary session. Counter Terror Expo US is taking place next week, May 16-17, 2012 in Washington, DC.
At the Department of Homeland Security, Mr. Allen developed the department’s intelligence architecture, integrated its intelligence activities and ensured that they were continuously aligned with the department’s evolving priorities. He also accelerated and expanded the department’s processes for sharing intelligence with state and local security and law enforcement officials. During his more than 40 years at the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), Mr. Allen became as much a legend as a respected senior official. Mr. Allen became the principal adviser to the Director of Central Intelligence on collection management, where he revolutionized the way the various national intelligence agencies coordinate and target their activities.
In his current role as principal at The Chertoff Group, Mr. Allen brings his extensive experience in intelligence program management, analysis and production; intelligence collection management; system acquisition and warning intelligence. His areas of focus include homeland security threat assessments and information sharing programs, counterterrorism and counter-proliferation threat analysis, critical infrastructure risk assessments, crisis and risk management and corporate strategic planning.
“In the wake of the anniversary of bin Laden’s death and the thwarted al-Qaeda bomb plot, counterterror issues, operational strategies and future policy are more important than ever. Next week, Mr. Allen will join the more than 60 internationally recognized experts at Counter Terror Expo US to discuss these critical issues and more,” said Wayne Crawford, vice president, North America, Clarion Events. “We are extremely honored to have someone of Mr. Allen’s caliber participating in our event.”
- Wednesday: Michael Leiter, former Director of the National Counterterrorism Center (NCTC), the U.S. government agency responsible for the analysis and integration of all terrorism intelligence as well as strategic operational planning for counterterrorism activities
- Wednesday: “Media Perspectives on Covering Global Counterterrorism,” featuring a panel of elite counterterrorism journalists from AP, FOX News and The New York Times to discuss the challenges that they face in covering global counterterrorism issues.
- Thursday: Thad Allen, Former US Coast Guard Commandant; Senior Vice President, Booz Allen will discuss “Where Counterterrorism and Disaster Response Meet.”
The conference will also feature six paid tracks to address critical issues facing the counterterror community:
- Global Counter Terrorism- Securing and Managing our Borders.
- Critical Infrastructure Protection
- Incident/Disaster Response
- Transportation and Security
- Cyber Terrorism and Security
Join the Counter Terror Expo US and counter-terror community online at www.counterterrorUS.com.
About Counter Terror Expo US:Counter Terror Expo is a unique expo and conference designed specifically to address the issues facing all of the disparate groups responsible for countering terrorism in the United States: the DoD, DHS, police, government and state agencies, along with those responsible for securing the nation’s vital infrastructure in both the private and public sectors. Counter Terror Expo US is based on the highly successful and award-winning Counter Terror Expo staged annually in London.